A lot of parents have asked what they could be doing at home to help with the SATs preparation and so here are some websites and attachments that could help:
- BBC has some great videos on different topics whether it be in maths or literacy. They’re easy and fun to understand.
- BBC bitesize has some fun games to help with:
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG) http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/spelling_grammar/
- Reading comprehension http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/reading/
- Maths http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/maths/
- Here is a great site to practise past SATs questions based on topics. So if you know that you find fractions a bit tricky, then you can practise some of those questions:
- St Bernadette Catholic Primary School have a fantastic bank of resources on their site:
The test papers are different this year compared to previous years, as there is no longer a "calculator" maths paper and there is now a spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPAG) paper.
In regards to spelling, I have attached a list of spellings that have come up in previous years. Please do go over them at home in little bursts.
This year the SATs will begin the week of 11th May 2015.
There are many ways that you can help your child prepare for the tests. These include: exercising, having a quiet weekend before, going to bed early the night before each test, doing extra work leading up to the week before the test and eating breakfast the day of the tests.